Rhinebeck this year nearly didn't happen, as fate seemed to indicate that I shouldn't go. First Emily was unable to come out for the trip. The boy said he would go to keep me company, and things were good again. Then it got closer to the weekend, and the weather forecast was looking worse and worse. 50% chance of precipitation. 70%? 90%?? Snow AND rain? I didn't want to drive 8 hours roundtrip in that, nor did I want to drag the boy through it - he supports my knitting habit, but I didn't want him to be miserable, and was beginning to rethink if I should even go.
I decided that by the Friday before, I needed to make my final decision. (Why yes, my initial decision was to put off making a decision.) I could still cancel the hotel room, but did I really want to give up going? While I was whining about how much I wanted to go, but how much I didn't want to drive, and how I wasn't sure if going alone would be worth it.. I realized there are bus trips from Boston! Duh! I quickly found that there were still seats open for the Sunday day trip, made my deposit, and canceled my hotel room. I was prancing around the apartment, I was so relieved.
That is.. until Friday night when I got home from work, feeling more drained than usual. I woke up Saturday to find my head filled with goo - what a lousy time to get sick! I spent my day in bed, resting and trying to stay hydrated. If I felt well enough, I would still go. After all, I'd have a few hours on the bus to relax as well.
Sunday the alarm went off at 5, and with just a little bit of a residual runny nose, I took some dayquil, grabbed my things, and went to meet the bus. The weather was somewhat atrocious, snowing on the Mass Pike, drizzling and cold when we arrived at Rhinebeck, but I had layers, and I was there!
Fast forward ahead to today, where I am home sick, and being diagnosed by the boy as having "sheep flu." Ha ha. Funny, that guy is. There is a Swatchy post to be made, but right now I feel too miserable to do it.